Every Tuesday, PHHP Wellness Team will be sending out a weekly newsletter during the on-going COVID-19 crises. Included in the newsletter are brain teasers (changed out weekly), a new episode of our PHHP Wellness Webinar series, a new Wellness tip during quarantine, downloadable Wellness Zoom backgrounds, and a few wellness & news resources. To see our previous weekly newsletters, please visit the links below!
Workplace Connectedness Series
- Episode #1
- Episode #2
- Episode #3
- Episode #4
- Episode #5
- Episode #6
- Episode #7
- Episode #8
- Episode #9
- Episode #10
- Wellness Tip #1: Stick to a Routine
- Make sure you are sticking to some sort of routine. Whether you’re working from home or otherwise, it is best to stick to your regular schedule as closely as possible to help create a sense of normality and productivity.
- Wellness Tip #2: Take Breaks
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting and may induce anxiety. Try meditating, starting a puzzle, or going on a walk outdoors to help clear your mind.
- Wellness Tip #3: Be Social
- Being stuck at home does not mean you need to socially isolate yourself. Try to schedule weekly Zoom meetings with your coworkers, friends, family, or classmates and catch-up on the week or play a game.
- Wellness Tip #4: Spread Kindness to Yourself and Others
- For a lot of people, quarantine means spending most of their days alone, cooped up at home in isolation. If you have someone like this in your life, take a couple minutes to let them know how much they matter and why you are grateful for them. You may also take this time to remind yourself why you are quarantining. Thank yourself for using this time to protect those who need protecting.
- Wellness Tip #5: Make Sure You Stretch!
- Adjusting to a new work location may mean sacrificing daily stretches that you may have done while working in your office. Reduce neck and back pain by following the stretches provided by Dr. Chiung-ju Liu in the video here.
- Wellness Tip #6: Stay Hydrated!
- While you may not be as active as you once was when in your office, your body still needs at least eight 8 oz glasses of water to help improve your mood and increase concentration. Don’t let yourself get dehydrated!
- Wellness Tip #7: Create an At-Home Retreat
- When things start to get stressful with work, school, children, or balancing the three, it is best to have a place to go within your home where you can get some peace and quiet. Whether this be a pillow fort, your bedroom, or your outside garden, make sure it is a place where you can be alone to catch your breath.
- Wellness Tip #8: Support a Local Business!
- While many choose to practice their cooking skills during this time, it is still important to show your continued support to the various local businesses in Gainesville, or elsewhere, to help ensure that they can still serve the community post-quarantine. It may be chance to get out of the house for curbside pickup as well!
- Wellness Tip #9: Try Meditating!
- In honor of Mental Health Awareness week, get in tune with your mental well-being and try meditation. It may feel weird or awkward your first try, but the more you practice mindfulness, the easier it will be to achieve a calm, clear mind. For guided meditations, Ten Percent Happier is doing live guided meditations at 3pm Eastern every week day. You can find the link here.
Wellness Resources During Quarantine
- View our full list of Quarantine resources here:
COVID-19 News and Updates
- For accurate reports on COVID-19 updates in the US and in Alachua County, please visit these links: