With the stress of COVID-19 continuing in our daily lives despite our slow return to work, childcare may be a stressor for many UF employees or students. Below are some resources to help alleviate some of the stress you may be experiencing in regards to childcare. If you have any suggestions for resources or have any questions, please email Brynn Dalton at email@example.com, or Nick Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Learning Assistance/E-Learning Pod
- Balance 180 will be open during traditional school hours as a safe place for parents to bring their students to complete their online schooling under supervision. This free e-learning pod is first come, first serve and is capped at 32 students (11,000 sq facility). Virtual learning support is available on M/T/Thu/Fri from for grades K-8thgrade. Find the paperwork here and email the completed materials to email@example.com
- First UMC High Springs Sanctuary of Learning is offering a place for students to come and be supervised while doing their online school. They are asking for a suggested fee (which is $25 per day, $60 per week, $220 per month, and $450 for the whole 9 weeks). However, they do not want anyone to miss out so, contact them to talk about scholarships, financial aid, and sponsorships. Call at 352-372-8523.
- Greenfield Preschool Digital Academy is offering 1:15 ratio from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. for virtual learning assistance. Call 352-256-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Hammer & Stain Virtual Hub is for children grades K-6, enrolled in virtual learning. This will be for adult supervision only, during the hours of 7am- 6pm Monday- Friday. The cost for the virtual hub is $200/week and a non-refundable $200 is required to save your child’s spot. This deposit will be applied to the first week your child attends. If for any reason you decide to not have your child attend, your deposit will not be refunded. Call 352-505-6030 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Keen Senses Enrichment Home Learning Coaching Pods will offer coaching/teaching/homework help for children in grades K-1, 2-3, and 4-5 for two hours a day, two days a week from 4-6 p.m. (days will depend on which pod). Max of six children per pod for $100 a week. Call 352-364-9933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Mathnasium: The Math Learning Center is offering in-person or live online learning plans beginning Aug. 31 The center will provide a comfortable workspace with a private desk, fast internet, and power outlet for each child to focus on distance learning in all school subjects. Background-checked facilitators will keep students on task in their online classes and schoolwork, so you can focus on your day. The ratio of facilitators to students will be 1:7 or better. For more information, contact them at 352-486-7885 or email email@example.com.
- O2B Kids Virtual Full-Day Learning Lab is offering an on-site learning lab to support your child’s public elementary school virtual learning environment. Their educators will provide academic support, answer questions, and help keep your child on track with their school assignments all in a safe and positive environment. Each child will need to bring their own laptop and headphones. For more information, call 352-268-8833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Okito Learning Academy offers a safe and clean learning environment for Alachua County Public School virtual learners. Grades K-5 with classes of less than 10 will be accompanied by one staff member per room. $129/week, $99.99 one-time registration fee, $20 yearly fee required per student. Call 352-338-7262 for more info or to register. Enrollment deadline: Aug. 31.
- Ocala Virtual Learning Assistance Resources.
- Star Martial Arts Digital Learning Camp is offering a safe and healthy alternative with daily virtual learning assistance, martial arts and fitness classes for a limited amount of camp members. The camp costs $127 a week for M-F. For more information, call 352-374-4950 or email email@example.com
- Sun Country Sports Center Sunny’s Cyber School (SCS) is designed to provide a safe, stimulating learning environment for Alachua County Public School virtual learners. SCS classes will be led by Educational Facilitators trained to work with children in groups of no more than 10, and will provide oversight of their academics and fun, engaging lessons. Classes will be offered for grades K-5. Parents are responsible for signing up children for the digital learning platform of their choice. For more information, call 352-331-8773.
- Sylvan Learning offers in-person support during regular school hours to provide a safe and secure place for you child during remote learning days. Call 352-316-7276 or complete the contact form on the homepage.
- Twinkle Toes Nanny Agency is now offering small group pricing for homeschool pods. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 352-538-2012 for more information.
Day School Openings (Preschool through Middle School)
- Abiding Savior Lutheran Preschool has openings for their preschool this fall, which started on Monday, Aug. 17. Please email email@example.com or call 352-331-7770 for more information.
- The Academy at the Family Church offers preschool services. Please call 352-642-1290 for more information.
- Education Station offers infant and toddler, preschool, and pre-k services. The program offers full time rates for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years, and part time rates for children ages 2 to 5 years. To learn more, call at 352-335-0026, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact them through their contact page.
- Gainesville Christian Community School provides a unique school option for students with developmental delays. The program offers elementary and middle school classes, and will expand their services if needed. GCCS also offers Little Warriors Day school preschool as well as three- or five-day VPK. To sign up for preschool or learn more about their program, contact them through their contact page.
- Gainesville Country Day School is currently open for in-person, virtual, and hybrid-learning. They provide educational programs for children ages 6 weeks through fifth grade.
- Millhopper Montessori School is offering in-person, hybrid and remote learning services for pre-k and k-8. Pre-k aged students are allowed to remain on campus daily for in-learning, even if later grades must return to remote learning. Read about their reopening plan here.
- O2B Kids is offering preschool services.
- Bambino Sitters has nannies and baby-sitters available and is waiving booking charges.
- Care@Work via Care.com provides access to nannies and baby-sitters with free access for UF College of Medicine faculty & residents
- Gator Sitters is a group of UF medical and physician assistant students who are offering child and pet care services for UF and UF Health healthcare workers
- Nanny Poppinz Nanny Agency requires no upfront fees or application
- Sitter City offers baby-sitting services
- Twinkle Toes Nanny Agency has nannies and baby-sitters and is giving priority to health professionals and is offering discount rates to frontline workers in Gainesville. Contact the owner, Kristy Bickmeyer, at email@example.com to make arrangements or learn more here: https://twinkletoesnanny.com/gainesville
- A Hidden Child’s World day care is accepting children 2 years old and above. They are open from 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information, please call 352-378-6343.
- Early Learning Coalition (ELC) provides assistance with daycare, voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) and school readiness programs
- Holy Trinity Episcopal School: Open 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. and accepting children from the ages 6 weeks to 5 years old for temporary enrollment. To learn more about the preschool, visit http://www.htesgnv.org Contact Jason Hill, Head of School, at 352-377-2290.
- La Petite Academy is waiving their registration fee and offering a 10% tuition discount to essential employees that are in need of childcare during this time. Contact Nissa Pfeffer, Director, at 352-371-0720 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Childcare Facilities in Alachua County